GameStop 360 Controller with rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bgiaach, Jan 13, 2013.

1. bgiaach macrumors member

I'm trying to play Team Fortress 2 on my new computer and I'd like to use a wired 360 controller. I only had wireless 360 controllers so I found a 25$ one at GameStop. I installed all the correct drivers from tattiebogle.net, restarted the computer and then plugged in the controller. The 360 Controller interface in the Preferences menu doesn't see the controller. It seems like tons of people are having trouble with this. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue or do I need to own an Official Xbox 360 wired controller in order for this driver to work?

Or should I just set up a Genius appt. and drive some dude crazy over there ha.

2. bill-p macrumors 65816

You need to own an official XBox 360 wired controller for it to work.

Alternatively, you can just pick up one of those wireless receivers for the wireless 360 controller.

3. Radiating macrumors 65816

Yep. I'm using both a wired and wireless 360 controller with my rMBP no issues. (except for a driver issue with a fake wireless receiver, as the real one is discontinued, you just have to manually point it to the driver and it works though)

4. bgiaach thread starter macrumors member

Well it looks like Ill be returning that GameStop controller tomorrow and hopefully Ill find an official one.