Gamestop Pre-ordering

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by reedomann, Sep 18, 2011.

1. reedomann macrumors member

reedomann

I pre-ordered Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3 for the Xbox about a month ago. This is my first time pre-ordering a game so I'm not really sure how it works. Do you have to pick the games up at the store you ordered them at??

2. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

Once you pay for everything, then you should be able to pick them up at store on release date.

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Did you preorder from online, or from in-store?

From online, you get it shipped (Unless you chose pick up).

From in-store, you have to keep your receipt, and you show that to them on release day.

4. reedomann thread starter macrumors member

reedomann

i did it at the store so if i just show them the receipt i can pick it up at any store?

5. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

It has to be at that store.

6. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

When it comes to pre ordering, Gamestop makes it as appealing as possible.
    While not my favorite store anymore for gaming, they do the pre ordering thing right.

Whatever store you ordered from is the store you pick it up from. It's nice if you have your receipt, but they've got things computerized it isn't necessary. Especially if they talked you into getting one of their power up rewards things, everything you do with the store is kept on that account. You merely give your phone number and they can pull up everything.

The only receipt you need to keep track of is the one you get when you purchase the game. That receipt often has your code for whatever pre order bonus they offered exclusively.

Also if you are hitting a midnight release, they have a super fast one. Every time I've done one, I've gotten out there 15 minutes after minute.