Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlackBlade

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
Just so i dont get stupid comments saying that the MPB is being updated o dont get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im gonna say now im probably gonna buy refurb unless the price goes down

is the 512 mb graphics on the MBP much more capable than the 256 or is there not a significant diffrence:confused::confused:

AAPLaday

Aug 6, 2008
Manchester UK
You could always wait until the new models become refurbs usually 2-3 months after they go on sale, unless your desperate for a MBP right now

BlackBlade

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
You could always wait until the new models become refurbs usually 2-3 months after they go on sale, unless your desperate for a MBP right now

kinda missed my question but thx for the comment, to answer your Q: kinda need a comp soon for school

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
It really depends on the games you are playing. The ram is basically used for textures so it depends on the game.

The easy answer is 512MB is better than 256MB.

The practical answer is you probably won't see much difference.

Habitus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
Where ever my life takes me...
Just so i dont get stupid comments saying that the MPB is being updated o dont get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im gonna say now im probably gonna buy refurb unless the price goes down

is the 512 mb graphics on the MBP much more capable than the 256 or is there not a significant diffrence:confused::confused:

Depends on the system requirements your games have.

Habitus :apple:

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
Where is this school that "gaming" is the main requirement for a MBP and how do I get in so I can game all day as well? :D

Tesside University UK

I go there I own a macbook pro I make/do video game art/design, I play games and even had an exam on them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.