Gaming Controllers/Bluetooth

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by TarantulaDude, Sep 8, 2013.

1. TarantulaDude macrumors newbie

Sep 8, 2013
    So iOS 7 supports gaming controllers via bluetooth? Finally... To what extent are they going to be supported (Most/Some/All games) and is this support already in the beta versions?

Oh and... I can't wait for a jailbreak. I gave up my 5.1.1 jailbreak for iOS 7 beta 6. Not too shabby on the iPhone 4, but it's bugged out on me a few times already.
  2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Sep 19, 2003
    It's up to the developers to implement support using the new API. Hopefully we'll see it once some good controllers are out on the market.
  3. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2010
    Really excited for a controller. Not seen any coming soon products though and last I seen was some logitech prototype leaks. Maybe they will reveal the first one at the event? I think developers will update their apps asap once some decent controllers are revealed.
  4. vigilant macrumors 6502

Aug 7, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Games need to support the API. The API supports two different types of game pad layouts, one that basically mounts the iPhone in the controller and looks like a Gameboy Advance and another that is Bluetooth and looks like an xbox controller
  5. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Jul 24, 2007
    Troutdale, OR
    I think the only rules are that games are not allowed to require controllers, they have to support touch controls only as an option.

I am really looking forward to them as well, I think for FPS games in particular will be much better using a controller vs virtual controls.