Gaming headset advice/opinions

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by The.316, Aug 12, 2017.

1. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

First off, does anyone have the Hyper X Cloud II headset from Kingston? It comes with a USB cable that has the mic/mute/volume/7.1 controls on it. When I press the 7.1 button, it activates/deactivates without a problem, but as soon as I try to raise or lower the volume of the headset, the usb device just freezes, and in order for it to work again, I have to disconnect it from the PS4. I dont know if that is a malfunction or not with the headset.

So...as I said, I have the Cloud IIs already, and I enjoy them, but I would like to go wireless. I like the A50s, but I just cant see myself spending that much on a headset right now, knowing that I have to shell out $1000 soon on the iPhone 8. I am looking at the Steelseries Arctis 7s, and they seem to get good reviews, and the price isnt that bad. But, over the last couple of days, I have the option to pick up a slightly used A40 Astro headset, with the amp, for $120. I know they arent wireless, but I thought the price was really good. i just dont know if they are worth spending the money, when I already have a wired headset that I am pretty happy with.

2. The.316 thread starter macrumors 65816

The.316

Bit of an update, but I think Im going to go with the Logitech G933s, the wireless ones. I found someone selling them new, sealed, for a great price. From what I have read, the G933s are one of the best gaming cans available.