Gaming Headsets

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Cnasty, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

I have never owned one of these but thinking its time to grab one for when the PS4 launches.

I want the ability to hear all the sound in the headsets versus the TV(sleeping baby).

I have been looking at the Turtle Beach ones but man they are pricey and are they worth it?

Which do you guys/gals use?

2. jedolley macrumors 68000

Do you plan on doing in game chat as well (i.e. need a mic)? If not, you could do what I do and connect wireless headphones to your TV. Since it's connected to the TV and not your console you will hear audio on any of the active inputs and not limited to just the console.

Not sure what your budget is, I use a Sennheiser RS160, but there are cheaper options out there.

3. eattherich macrumors 6502

eattherich

I had a set of Turtle Beach X12s with my 360 and they were great. I'm not using some Turtle Beach XP500s. They're a 360 headset but with the Turtle Beach PS4 chat cable you can have them working perfectly. The sound is incredible. I've never played a game in 5.1 before and I don't ever want to go back! :p

These headsets might seem relatively expensive but it depends how often you plan on using them. I think I paid something like 60€ about 18 months ago for my X12s and I used them all the time.

4. GrumpyGeek macrumors regular

I have been thinking about the Astro A50s. They are a tad bit expensive at 299 but they are very good sound and wireless.

They can be seen here:http://www.astrogaming.com/platform/ps4-headsets

Check them out when you get a second

Cheers!
    GG