Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brusgaard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2011
Hi there

I'm planning in buying an 27" iMac, for AutoCAD, photo editing and gaming.
Since im forced to run my games on Windows, im wondering how the performance is with games on the bootcamp?

Thanks, Mikael

stigzy

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2008
Norway
You shouldnt get any problem playing any game in windows 7. There are many videos on YouTube where they play Black Ops, Crysis, SC2 etc.. So you should take a look :)

Thares

Cancelled
Feb 25, 2011
I've read that Portal 2 runs really well on the new iMac. And from my experience I can say: GTA 4 runs also very well! I'm a little bit impressed. :)

DoctaKrafty

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2009
It would run the same with bootcamp as it would on a similar specced windows machine. You wont notice any difference. Windows will run like Windows does and games will play like they're supposed to. In other words Windows runs natively. All boot camp does it set the boot system to be able to boot the Windows operating system, hence "bootcamp"!!!

Georgio

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2008
Essex, UK
Set up my i7 with World of Warcraft / Various flight sims like DCS A-10, Rise of flight and Cliffs over Dover and they all run as good as a comparable PC.

Chris5488

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2011
Belgium
My experience with the i7 and the HD6970m 2GB:

Crysis: 2560x1440 native on High works fine, sometimes small hickups.
Crysis 2: 2560x1440 native on High (which is the lowest setting in Crysis 2 :confused:) works fine. Higher will cause hickups. 1920x1080 on Very High is also possible, Extreme too but will cause hickups.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.