gaming issues on cmbp 15. please help!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by howareyoukk, Oct 18, 2013.

1. howareyoukk, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013

howareyoukk macrumors regular

hi, i recently start playing LOL (league of legends) on my cmbp 15 and the game performance quite well on the macbook except one thing. The fps is most likely sit on 40-60 in game, but sometimes it will drop to 20 and back to 40 again. This process only last for 0.5-1 second and most likely occurs in a group fight. I got a 4gb ram and a gt650m grahic card with 1gb ram..I am just wondering what causes this problem and how i can fix it?

is it due to my ram or something else? Thanks :)

2. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

3. howareyoukk thread starter macrumors regular

yeah..i meant fps..sorry about that..it doesnt matter what i do( change resolution, turn off the advanced settings and closed other apps etc)...i still experienced instant fps drop. you know how normally the fps will drop from 50 45 40 35 in this decreasing order... my fps drops from 60 straight down to 20 instantly and my screen freezes for 0.5-1 second. This most likely happens when I enter a combat, pull out from the combat and on some popluted area in game..

----------

????

4. bernhard macrumors member

Hi,

I had performance problems too on my rMBP which could temporarily be fixed by resetting the SMC. But Apple provided a bugfix which fixed that behaviour months ago, it's worth a shot though.

regards,
    Bernhard