Gaming Keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by McGiord, Apr 1, 2010.

1. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I am looking for a wireless keyboard, for playing games like Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds on my Mac.
    These are my questions:

1- What is the best gaming wireless keyboard out there? Why do you like it?

2- Another option is to put a keyboard skin on, like these:
    http://www.kbcovers.com/servlet/Categories?category=World+of+Warcraft

3- I would like to customize a skin to put the command identification on top of the keys. Any tips on how to do this?
    http://www.keycardhq.de/t/swgb.pdf

Thanks for your help!

2. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I've honestly never seen a wireless gaming keyboard, so I looked and found this one, but I don't think it's what you're thinking of, it looks like it's targeting console type games.

Any reason you need wireless, or is it just a preference? If you can go wired, there are way more options available.

I use a Logitech G15 and a Belkin n52Te, but both are wired, but if you're interested I can provide some feedback?

3. McGiord thread starter macrumors 601

McGiord

Thank you for the reply. The reason why I want a wireless keyboard is because I am looking to play with my MacBook Pro connected to the LCD TV, and I don't want to mess with the cable.
    However I will take a look on your wired suggestions.

What I really want is to customize the keys identifiers for the game commands.

4. Ca$hflow macrumors 6502

Ca$hflow

I would go for option 2 - the gaming skin. I didn't know that they had them for the wireless mac keyboard. I play battlefield 2142 with my bluetooth keyboard and 50" Plasma display. The skin is a really good idea. Saves having two keyboards around.

5. McGiord thread starter macrumors 601

McGiord

Any good idea on how to neatly mark the keys on the skin?