Gaming Laptop, price does not matter

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by crazycat, May 29, 2007.

1. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

Whats the best gaming laptop money can buy? Size does not matter about something round 17"-19" is needed.

Things i have been looking at:

- Dell XPS M2010 (20")
    - Alienware mLAX (19")

Problem with the dell is its a bit to big and i dont like the keyboard, and the problem with the Alienware is that its not an intel core 2 duo. So if money is not a problem, size is not that important what would you recommend as the best gaming laptop?

2. furious macrumors 65816

furious

Why a laptop. You want to game on the bus? i would choose for a LAN a lanparty case and a 17 inch LCD.

Oh! yeah! this should be in buying tips and advice.

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I would imagine going to and from LAN parties would be easier. :p

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Is the Dell even a laptop? Couldn't see any mention of battery. Also you say that the dell is to big but size isn't an issue?

The Alienware laptop has ridiculous graphics and should spank the Dell there. But then again it does look stupid, IMO.

5. Cashmere Fedora macrumors newbie

I totally agree.

To the OP: Since money is no object, why not get a voodoo? They have graphical power and style (well, at least more so than an alienware or dell).

6. chadi macrumors member

google rock direct. They are in the UK, I think its about 5000euros for there top end model, been a long time since I looked.

19" Raid 0 / SLI etc;

Personally I can feel the heat issues from over here in Canada :) You can make a really nice Shuttle gaming rig or the Antec Lanboy case isn't even bad with a LCD screen and a carry case (think geek has a decent one) for going to and from lan parties if that's your thing...add in a Logitech G15 keyboard...it has handles and a fold down screen, and a G5 mouse (that should go in the carry case for the tower/monitor...

Whatever floats your boat though!