Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonyisawesome

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2012
He's right about sleeping dogs. Notebook check benchmarked it (750m) at 32.2fps on high and 78.2fps on medium

Not bad for such a thin and light laptop.
I said high-ultra settings.

Any laptops with mid range gpu can run these games on mid settings.

What is it so HARD to understand about this?

Hitman absolution was getting there at 24.9fps on high and 42.1 on medium.
Thanks for proving my point.

People really need to understand the concept of GAMING laptop. Just because your laptop can struggle to run these games within 30 fps does not make it a gaming laptop. You are missing the entire of playing games like Sleeping Dogs with that garbage fps. With so much going on in that game, you would be lucky not to have lags during a intensive gunplay scenes. Plus you have to downgrade your resolution in order to run these games within acceptable resolution with high settings.

Last edited:

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
OP if you can get a 15in MBP go for it. The gaming experience is quiet decent. I am a casual gamer and have been enjoying Battlefield 4. Been playing on medium settings and getting close to 50fps.

The MBP is best combination of portability/battery life and specs for gaming.

whitedragon101

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2008
I said high-ultra settings.
No you didn't you said high. See below

Try running games like Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, or even The Witcher 2. Any apple macbooks will struggle running these games over 30fps on high setting.

-------------

People really need to understand the concept of GAMING laptop. Just because your laptop can struggle to run these games within 30 fps does not make it a gaming laptop. You are missing the entire of playing games like Sleeping Dogs with that garbage fps. With so much going on in that game, you would be lucky not to have lags during a intensive gunplay scenes. Plus you have to downgrade your resolution in order to run these games within acceptable resolution with high settings.

I agree a rMBP is not a gaming laptop i.e a laptop built solely for gaming. To play games at high/ultra setting on HD you need a great big Alienware/Asus monster as you have said before. Which I would totally buy by the way if I had enough money to buy both. I think all these game threads are people who buy rMBP because they are primarily for another purpose other than gaming. But they want to play games too. I think most users me included are amazed with the gaming performance of rMBP (and other laptops in the high power thin and light class) that you can actually play modern 3d games on them in HD at medium settings. Thats pretty cool. A laptop class where 3d gaming was just impossible is now possible.

People do this with cars all the time. Most don't buy a sports car, because they have other primary needs. But that doesn't prevent them from wanting the model of car they do buy to be as sporty as possible.

sonyisawesome

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2012
Hence my point that rmbp is NOT a gaming laptop.

Just read the post before this. He said rmbp is the BEST gaming laptop there is in the market. I mean, how stupid do you have to be or ignore all the facts to believe that crap?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mansali

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2013
Hence my point that rmbp is NOT a gaming laptop.

Just read the post before this. He said rmbp is the BEST gaming laptop there is in the market. I mean, how stupid do you have to be or ignore all the facts to believe that crap?

He never said that, why don't you read his post again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Persian-apple

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
Iran
ok so how does haswel mbpr run battle field 4 or bioshock on high?30fps
is enough and.. what about the most intensive game metro LL if it runs at ...
high 30fps its enough if you have rmbp and tested those games or batman arkham origins etc... post your fps and temps (ON BOOTCAMP PART )
and if it runs them at 30 at that setting its enough to say its a gaming laptop

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.