Gaming Magic Mouse!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rmbrown09, Dec 10, 2010.

1. rmbrown09 macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

Ok so I have a dilemma.

I love gaming in my spare time, and have for years and years. I used be a hardcore PC gamer but...well see my sig. The problem here is that I used to use my Razer Death Adder for gaming and I would do some serious pwnzoxing-ing (not a real term)

Now though since I have a magic mouse too, and since that mouse works so damn well with Osx, I find myself using that to game. The magic mouse is absolutely the best mouse on earth in my opinion except for one thing, gaming. I cannot switch on the fly between mice because they have different sensitivities. My death adder is at 3500 DPi, the magic mouse I guess is about 800.

I love my magic mouse for everything but gaming, but can't just switch on the fly and it feels gross to use the Death Adder for the system.

Is Apple going to release a new version of the magic mouse or update it in some way soon? Is there a fix for the current one? My issue with it is the hold. It is so low and doesn't fit in your hand like the killing machine my death adder or any gaming mouse does.

So yea, these pics just kinda show you what's up. They are not really useful in any way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I doubt apple will come out with a new mouse soon. U need to get another mouse for gaming purpose only. Use the magic mouse when u don't game.

3. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

I have a similar picture but in reverse. The magic mouse is in the drawer and the deathadder is my main mouse. The drivers for OSX are good and cursor movement on the desktop is just the same as the magic mouse. Start up a game and I am good to go.

troutspinner

4. rmbrown09 thread starter macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

Like I said though, I am already in that situation. And it does not work well.

5. rmbrown09 thread starter macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

Can you link me to the drivers you used. I never installed any I just plugged it in and it doesn't always seem to work great.

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Well get used to it cuz nothing will change for a while. Do u game on Windows?

7. rmbrown09 thread starter macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

No I play css through Steam for Mac

8. jlw2387 macrumors member

Try downloading MagicPrefs, it makes a big difference. I find that it's still not optimal for gaming, though. The "wheel" seems to be too sensitive when switching weapons and sometime the right/left click get confused.

9. deeesea macrumors 6502

I don't know how you've been able to get used to the magic mouse for gaming or just general computer use. That takes some real skill. I can't stand using the thing for more than 30 minutes, it's so freaking low, and there's just no support, it's narrow too so it feels weird to grip it, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if using that mouse speeds up any symptoms of carpal tunnel. The way you hold it forces you to keep your wrist flat against the table, that's definitely going to pinch that median nerve. *shudders*.

I just keep the mouse in my bag, whenever I NEED a mouse when I'm on the go, I'd bring it out, otherwise, I use my MX Performance and MX anywhere when I'm at home and on the go.

Also i doubt apple will release a magic mouse anytime soon, it took them a long while to update their garbage mighty mouse, so I imagine it'll take a while to upgrade their magic mouse too.

10. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Everyone thinks this is crazy.... But I find it easier to use my trackpad on my 13" MBP when I'm playing FPS games :D

11. rmbrown09 thread starter macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

you crazy

12. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Hehe I love scaring people with that ;) On the big MBP trackpad looking about and aiming in FPS is a breeeeezeeeee......

13. Nein01 macrumors 6502

Nein01

there's your problem