Gaming on 12 inch macbook

Jarrodbcall

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 28, 2013
Has anyone tried playing games on a recent 12 inch MacBook, specifically blizzard titles like Starcraft 2 or heroes of the storm? I don’t play much, and have a Mac mini I use for that (I’m obvious not a serious gamer I use a Mac mini, haha), but I wouldn’t mind being able to play on the go occasionally. It isn’t a big enough reason to push me to the pro (I am a student who will be flying often and mobility is the biggest factor for me), but was interested in hearing your experiences. Thanks!

madgibbon

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2013
I had a 2016 12 inch MacBook, base model and played the following without any issues.

Rebel Galaxy
Divinity
Torchlight 2
System Shock 2
Prison Architect

Jarrodbcall

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 28, 2013
I had a 2016 12 inch MacBook, base model and played the following without any issues.

Rebel Galaxy
Divinity
Torchlight 2
System Shock 2
Prison Architect
Thanks for letting me know! It really seems like a great computer. I’m getting more swayed in that direction!

johnparjr

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Earth
Has anyone tried playing games on a recent 12 inch MacBook, specifically blizzard titles like Starcraft 2 or heroes of the storm? I don’t play much, and have a Mac mini I use for that (I’m obvious not a serious gamer I use a Mac mini, haha), but I wouldn’t mind being able to play on the go occasionally. It isn’t a big enough reason to push me to the pro (I am a student who will be flying often and mobility is the biggest factor for me), but was interested in hearing your experiences. Thanks!

I play diablo all the time and it runs great

Reactions: Precursor
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.