Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shamash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Portland, Oregon
So I've read posts on Bootcamp vs OSX, and it seems like a lot of people think Windows just runs games better. On the new Macbook Pro, would Parallels be better then OSX do you think, or just Bootcamp? I'm probably going to be playing mainly World of Warcraft, and if I do Bootcamp/Parallels it would be XP not Vista. I dunno, I'm just trying to figure out the best way to get my system set up before I get it, since I'll be getting it the 6th as long as nothing new that I want is announced at the keynote.

jonbravo77

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
So I've read posts on Bootcamp vs OSX, and it seems like a lot of people think Windows just runs games better. On the new Macbook Pro, would Parallels be better then OSX do you think, or just Bootcamp? I'm probably going to be playing mainly World of Warcraft, and if I do Bootcamp/Parallels it would be XP not Vista. I dunno, I'm just trying to figure out the best way to get my system set up before I get it, since I'll be getting it the 6th as long as nothing new that I want is announced at the keynote.

World of Warcraft plays nativley on the Mac OSX. no need for BootCamp or Parrallels . Not sure what you mean by the bold. Parrallels is a virtual machine that can run inside OSX to allow you to run Windows virtually. You won't really be able to run games in Parrallels because it uses a generic video driver.

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
Mac OS X will be far faster than using Parallels. Whether you want to use Windows or Mac OS X is up to you. WoW isn't really that graphics intensive of a game so you shouldn't notice much of a difference between the OS's, you'd notice it more from how many people are on the server.

shamash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Portland, Oregon
Thanks much for all the info. I know it runs on Mac natively but I've also heard that it runs much better on Windows. Good to know that about Parallels. Thanks again for all the info, I guess I'll stick with OSX and maybe try Bootcamp if it doesn't work as well as I think it should.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.