iPhone X Gaming on iPhone X

KenJosef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2019
Hi my friends, does iPhone X strong device to play most demanding games for mobile? (ARK, Fortnite, etc.). Isn’t it out of date (iPhone X)??? Is gaming on XS better? When I will have iPhone X and XS side by side, will I see the difference?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona
Hi my friends, does iPhone X strong device to play most demanding games for mobile? (ARK, Fortnite, etc.). Isn’t it out of date (iPhone X)??? Is gaming on XS better? When I will have iPhone X and XS side by side, will I see the difference?
Really? A phone that’s one year old outdated. A 15% difference in performance is hardly night and day difference.. Phones are getting less and less impressive due to the fact differences in performance are not so noticeable. Fearures are where improvements are justified..

Reactions: balaplus

MacLappy

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Singapore
For Fortnite, there is a noticeable difference between the 2 phones. Mainly the XS can run the game at 60FPS, while that option is not available on the iPhone X.

You could say that gaming is better on the XS when the game supports the newer SOC.

Reactions: Jovijoker

MacLappy

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Singapore
Really? A phone that’s one year old outdated. A 15% difference in performance is hardly night and day difference.. Phones are getting less and less impressive due to the fact differences in performance are not so noticeable. Fearures are where improvements are justified..
I think Apple was quoting something like 50% improvement in gpu performance. Below is a “on screen” benchmark which should give a rough guide to the performance increase.

Hieveryone

macrumors 601
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I’ve heard there is a difference in gaming bc of GPU

But like opening apps like calendar for example not much difference in speed
[doublepost=1549782209][/doublepost]
So there is no difference between X and XS?
OP, maybe you can look up YouTube videos comparing iPhone X to XS. Maybe there’s some that compare gaming too

F23

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2014
The fact that the XS can run Fortnite 60fps and the X can't is enough evidence that the XS is better.