Gaming on Mac (World of Warcraft)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Willstone525, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Willstone525 macrumors newbie

Hi guys and gals

I am looking to buy myself a mac to replace my old laptop as after speaking with friends and reading reviews I have seen they last miles longer so are worth the money.
    However there is one thing I am unsure about. I am a hard gamer on blizzard games, mostly focusing on world of Warcraft and I like to play games on max res and max settings. Would the new (2013) 27 inch model iMacs be up for the job? Many reviews say yes, others no. Also how do they do after playing for long periods of time as I also heard they have a laptop equivalent cooling system so seriously heat up after time.
    This game is the major deciding factor as I need the mac to last me at last five years and to be able to run the game well for the length of time too, it just seems no reviews for this game and macs have been made!

Cheers :)

P.s. if anyone plays world of Warcraft on a mac device please message me or emails me (willstone525@gmail.com) as I would love to know how you find it on this platform and how well your macs have coped with the game after updates and expansions.

2. tomwvr macrumors regular

tomwvr

I have not played World of Warcraft, but I have played Diablo 3 and Skyrim and Xcom and have played them at max settings with absolutely no lag or problems.

Tom

PS 27 Inch Imac I5 with 3.2 16gb ram and 680MX 2GB video card.

Awesome machine