Gaming On Macbook Pro Retina

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Charlaux, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Charlaux macrumors member

Most of the users here told me that macbook pro retina should destroy civ v but instead of that civ v seems to destroy computer because even at %100 battery the battery dropped into 1:40.Is this a serious problem ? And also as a new macbook user where to find ms word i tried to find at apple store but no results and also how to change my game to fullscreen and if someone plays civ v on mac could they please explain how to play this game because i can't move the units ?
    Thank you

2. mdapple macrumors regular

my battery runs for about 90 minutes while playing diablo 3. 1:40 is totally normal while gaming

3. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Mac OSX is not made for gaming. Run bootcamp if you want to play games. Also, games use up massive amounts of power....batteries will NOT last while playing a game...that is a simple fact. But this machine is PLENTY powerful to run games!

4. leenak macrumors 68020

5. wiznet macrumors regular

Although there is much truth to this, I have to admit I was impressed playing natively on OSX. If only the FPS counter worked on Diablo 3...

In all seriousness, though, I was playing with maximum settings (except for shadows, which were on low (smooth), and clutter density, which was medium) and the game was smooth.

-------------

OP: Very normal, as said battery drops like crazy: gaming normally takes mine down to 90 minutes or so, as well (Diablo).

6. gentlefury macrumors 68030

You should try on windows then. Would probably run, with all settings maxed. I am running several games very well on windows side...many of them at 2880x1800.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=15372785#post15372785

there is a duscussion going on now about it.