Gaming on macbook/update driver for graphics card

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ls10flpanyc, May 19, 2008.

1. ls10flpanyc macrumors newbie

So I did a few searches on here to figure out what games may work on my Macbook, especially since I now have it running Windows through bootcamp. I understand that many games don't run that well because of the poor graphics card, but I would still like to try...so I have two questions:

1) Where can I find updated drivers for the Macbook's graphics card? I am trying a Windows "update driver software" search right now, but it has been running for about 5 minutes with no results yet.

2) Will these games work either in normal OSX or in Windows through bootcamp: Age of Empires III, Medieval 2 Total War, Civilization 4?

Thanks for the help!

2. Luzzio macrumors regular

Luzzio

You can try going to the Intel website to download the integrated gpu's driver.

Here's how.

2) That would depend on whether the game states it's for OS X or Windows. They usually make ports though, but I recommend sticking to gaming on Windows, as that's what the games are primarily designed to work with.

3. XP Defector macrumors 6502

Macbooks are just not gaming consoles. Buy a cheap desktop full of ram and a decent GPU for games.