Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shortsord

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2005
At the rate things have been going, the Intel PowerMacs look like they're just around the corner(roughly).

I've been interested in getting a pc for gaming recently, as my dell notebook's gaming capabilities have been dwindling, and my powerbook is only up to snuff for mac games.

I'm fine with waiting for the new powermacs to get a rig going, and the idea of having a mac tower and gaming rig in one, would blow my mind. But would their capabilities in gaming, assuming they're given a relatively top of the line gpu like the last powermacs were, be any different in bootcamp?

Basically, should I just get a gaming pc now for around 2000, or wait for the powermacs, if they're good enough, and get a good one for around 2500?

Thanks.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Once in Windows a new Intel Mac Tower (whatever they are called) will run games fine. If you want SLI NVidia cards you'll probably be out of luck though.

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
robbieduncan said:
Once in Windows a new Intel Mac Tower (whatever they are called) will run games fine. If you want SLI NVidia cards you'll probably be out of luck though.

The key word here is probably ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.