Gaming performance / issues with Bootcamp'd MBP 2018?

patricklikesapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2018
Hey! I just got a new MPB 2018 and have Windows 10 on Bootcamp. I can play games fantastically and beautifully on my Mac side of things, but I've been seriously struggling with everything on the Windows partition.

Has anyone had any trouble playing games on Bootcamp? I've been attempting to play Overwatch and Destiny 2, and I'm able to play for about 15 minutes until my game crashes with the error "Your rendering device has been lost!" Computer isn't too hot, the drivers are updated, graphics is getting enough memory, and I still have zero idea why this is happening.

Has anyone had this occur, or does anyone know a workaround? What's your gaming performance like? Thanks!

Mac03ForLife

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2017
Washington, DC
I have a late 2011 MBP (Upgraded to 6GB RAM) and I use bootcamp Windows 7 Home Basic, and it runs like a charm! I use Inventor, Solidworks, and a lot of high-power applications, and they run just fine. I also play Overwatch, Paladins, and Starcraft on it. Here would be my suggestion to you:

1. Register for the GeForce NOW beta. (Just google GeForce NOW)
2. When gaming, bump up the priority of the game in task manager to "high" its good for squeezing just a BIT more oomph out of your system for gaming.

Eason85

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2017
Hong Kong
I have a late 2011 MBP (Upgraded to 6GB RAM) and I use bootcamp Windows 7 Home Basic, and it runs like a charm! I use Inventor, Solidworks, and a lot of high-power applications, and they run just fine. I also play Overwatch, Paladins, and Starcraft on it. Here would be my suggestion to you:

1. Register for the GeForce NOW beta. (Just google GeForce NOW)
2. When gaming, bump up the priority of the game in task manager to "high" its good for squeezing just a BIT more oomph out of your system for gaming.
This is really unrelated to the OP's problem.

Reactions: -BigMac-

-BigMac-

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Hey! I just got a new MPB 2018 and have Windows 10 on Bootcamp. I can play games fantastically and beautifully on my Mac side of things, but I've been seriously struggling with everything on the Windows partition.

Has anyone had any trouble playing games on Bootcamp? I've been attempting to play Overwatch and Destiny 2, and I'm able to play for about 15 minutes until my game crashes with the error "Your rendering device has been lost!" Computer isn't too hot, the drivers are updated, graphics is getting enough memory, and I still have zero idea why this is happening.

Has anyone had this occur, or does anyone know a workaround? What's your gaming performance like? Thanks!
Want to know this aswell

15” 2.2