Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emperorvinayak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
Hey guys, so after months of frustration due to unplayable fps, I decided to find out what the problem was.

When I play Portal on my 2011 13" Macbook Pro OSX, it runs smoothly without any problems whatsoever!
However, when I try to do the same on bootcamp, it lags so much! I get about 3-5 fps!

Is it a problem with the drivers for windows being inferior?
All drivers for windows are up to date. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Here's what I have:
RAM - 4GB
Disk Space - 500GB (250 bootcamp and 250 OSX)
Graphics Card - Intel HD 3000
Processor - Intel core i7 - 2.7Ghz
DirectX 11

Thanks y'all!

emperorvinayak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
I have intel HD 3000, not 4000. I ran the update utility and intel says drivers are up to date. You think I should still try to install the Intel HD 4000 drivers?
Thanks!

(also, does anyone here know what the real cause is?)

kensic

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2013
oh my bad, yea search on the intel site.

but again its only hd3000 integrated graphics....can't really play games on it.

hope u find a good driver

emperorvinayak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
Bump

Anyone with any ideas yet? I must stress again, The game is running FINE on mac osx .. its windows where it is lagging.. I hope I'm doing something wrong. . :confused:

Quantum3

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2010
I have been suffering the same performance problem when gaming in BootCamp. I have an MBP Late 2011 of 15 inches with an integrated graphic card INTEL HD 3000 of 512 MB and a the AMD Radeon 6770M with 1 GB of RAM.

So, I've updated the graphic card inside Bootcamp by using I don't know which drivers that I found in this forum and the hell... the drivers works like a charm. I think the GPU performance have been increased in about a 25%.

Here is the link to the drivers: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

And here is the post from where I took the data: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1427806/

Check the links shown in that thread, because they show the compatibility of the drivers and your card.

Have a great gaming experience!

Ø3 :)

emperorvinayak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
Thanks for the reply mate!

However, the 13" comes only with the intell HD 3000, it has no AMD card!

Quantum3

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2010
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.