Gaming Purchases Help Please

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by sil3nc3, Oct 14, 2007.

1. sil3nc3 macrumors regular

I am new here, and need some help. I am currently on a G4 PPC, and am interested on upgrading, but am unsure whether to go for an iMac or a Mac Pro, And whether to get Parallels or Fusion

I know an iMac is much cheaper than a Mac Pro for what's in the box, but a Mac Pro can be continuously updated with new Video Cards. Would it be better to get a High-End iMac, or a Low-End Mac Pro, and update accordingly in months/years to come?

The main reason I'm posting here is because I want to play UT3 when it is released, but I also want to get into map editing and such. And because there is no Mac editor, I have to get the PC version. Which leads to whether I should get Parallels or Fusion. Also, if I were to install a Ageia PhysX card, would Parallels/Fusion recognize it? Will OS X?

HELP PLEASE

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

1. Mac Pro
    2. Use a native installation and not a virtual machine
    3. The Ageia PhysX card would have to be the PCI-Express version and it would only work in Windows

3. sil3nc3 thread starter macrumors regular

I want to be able to do editing, which means that i will need the editor, photoshop, and other apps side by side.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

5. sil3nc3 thread starter macrumors regular

I would rather a mac editor, but it hasn't been confirmed in any shape or form yet :(

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I expected the same.

7. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Well, almost.

--Eric