Gaming threads

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Mr. lax, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

I was wondering why the posts in gaming threads do not count towards your post count? If they did i would have a post count more than double my current. Please help shed light on this arn

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

A couple of years ago, we had a lot of problems in the Gaming Forums with lots of console-related wars, flamebaiting, flyby trolling, spamming and so forth. Threads that went back and forth for pages and pages which caused a lot of work for the mods. Lots of members here will still remember those days.

It was decided by the mods and admins at the time that instead of restricting access to those forums, that instead they'd remove the post counts from posts in the Console Games forum, similar to how the Politics forum operates. It cut down on problematic traffic and it seems to have fixed the problem as far as we can tell.

4. angelneo macrumors 68000

I think you can expect it to return when the big companies start announcing their next gen gaming console. Until then peace reigns when the fanboys are busy with their current consoles. :D

5. MacTraveller macrumors regular

Because gaming is insignificant on the Mac platform. And so, the mods here probably don't take this topic too seriously either.

6. Mr. lax thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, thats fair.

7. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Very wrong...posts in the Mac gaming topics add to your post count just fine. It's the console gaming sub-forum that doesn't count.

--Eric

8. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

9. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I understand where the mods are coming from, the fourm was quite heated(in a negative way) but I do miss the post counts(as well as none in the political forum). For me post counts are a measure of how much I write on here, and both those forum see a lot if time by me.

But it doesn't keep me up at night