Gaming through Boot Camp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kirodoc, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Kirodoc macrumors newbie

I have a mid 2012 MBP 2.6 GHz Intel i7, 8. GB ram, nVidia GT 650M and I'm running Windows Pro 8.1 64. I'm not a hardcore gamer, but I'm looking to get the best performance I can out of my games. I mostly play HoTS and Overwatch, but I'd like to try Fallout 4.

What are some things I can do to maximize my performance? Should I upgrade to Windows 10? I hear that improves frame rates. Anything I can fiddle with that doesn't involve new hardware?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Windows 10 is a good upgrade, I couldn't stand windows 8.1. As for maximizing performance, there isn't a whole lot you can do.

3. Kirodoc thread starter macrumors newbie

Someone mentioned over locking the video card. Does that sound viable?

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

5. MacFall macrumors newbie

December 7th . . . . . . . . 2015 . . . . . . a day that will live in INFAMY!

Your head is hurting as you leave Vault 111 . . . the air is thick; the view is strange and surreal . . .

your playing FALLOUT 4 . . . . on your iMac !!!!

You are READY . . . . . . you have conquered the SIP's and diskutil's . . . . the reboots and error messages . . . the WinDoze quirks and setbacks . . . .

. . . . . . .yet you are confident and assured as you travel this New World . . . . . .

with your intuitive, trusty Mac by your side . . . . . Let's Go Boy !!!!!!!

iMac 27" (Late 2013), EXTERNAL LaCie 256Gb SSD drive, Windows 10 Home, made by Boot Camp, yet NO Internal HDD Boot Camp partition, to mess with my 3Tb Fusion drive!! WinClone is the key . . . . it's ALWAYS, the CORRECT SEQUENCE . . . . . . . . . .

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

Getting the most recent drivers.

A laptop's components are all soldered on, there's nothing you can upgrade that would affect gaming performance.