Gaming tweaks?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by intangible, May 7, 2009.

1. intangible macrumors newbie

Hi

I am running one of the original duo core macbook pros. It has an intergrated videocard 1400 ATi and 2 gigs of ram. I am playing an older classic "Call of Duty" and I still get bad frame rates. Is there a way to maximize gaming on this machine? Given that I have already done everything I could in-game.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jeremy

2. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Run it in Windows with updated drivers :eek:

Mac's don't suck for gaming, games suck for Mac.

Poorly ported, no optimization, it's kind of sad, but the fact is that the developers don't make as much money for developing for Mac.

The one large company dedicated to making great Mac ports is Blizzard. Other than that, there are many smaller, independent companies that solely develop for the Mac.

My point is that most games will run better simply by playing it in Windows on the same Mac. This probably isn't the answer you're looking for, but it's an option.

3. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

It'll work far better in Windows in Boot Camp.

Also, it's an ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 you have.

4. intangible thread starter macrumors newbie

then that means I'll have to get leopard and windows :/

why are there no apps for tweaking videocards on macs?

5. DELTAsnake macrumors 6502

DELTAsnake

When "tweeking" videocards on Windows you are overclocking the card which means extra power is drawn and extra heat is produced. Thats not a problem in a well ventilated or even watercooled ATX or BTX case, but in a confined Macbook or iMac your asking for trouble.