Gamma 2.2

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EngenZerO, Oct 22, 2008.

1. EngenZerO macrumors regular

Hey All,

I've been playing around with my new mbp and noticed the gamma setting under calibration. I switched to 2.2 and boy did i make a world of difference. I found the 1.8 (std) setting to be a little washed out by going to 2.2, I noticed it provided deeper black and a little more contrast (apple says it compares to a tv or pc lcd).

Go to system preferences
    display
    color
    calibrate
    make sure expert mode isnt checked
    select 2.2
    select d65
    and name profile

Just thought I would pass this along if anyone wanted to experiment with it.

2. integrat.ethis macrumors regular

I just did the same thing, and was so excited with the results that I searched for it here and found your thread! I'm curious, do you have the 9C85 display? (To check, open your color profile and look for the mmod attribute.)

Also, does anyone know if there's a way to choose a setting in between 1.8 and 2.2?

3. 7even macrumors 6502a

I think you can, if you run the Advanced calibration..

4. EngenZerO thread starter macrumors regular

i would recomend checking out this thread... http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=588565

this is way better than just switching to 2.2. these are icc profiles that people have created using hardware calibration. you may wanna to expirement with these to see whats best on your display.

5. integrat.ethis macrumors regular

I checked out the 95 profiles in that thread, and they all looked ridiculously bad on my display. I think there's more to the quality than the manufacturer code.