Gap between bezel and LCD in new Anti-Glare MBP 17"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Protagonist10, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Protagonist10 macrumors newbie

I just received my new 17" matte MBP and noticed that there was a small gap between the bezel and LCD at the bottom around the "MacBook Pro" writing. If I push the bezel towards the LCD, it will stick to it for a split second but then pop back out. There is definitely glue on the other side of the bezel so that it sticks to the LCD but it doesn't seem strong enough to hold.

I don't experience any creaking when opening/closing/moving the screen. It just seems like the lower part of the bezel has bowed a little bit.

I didn't have this problem with my old 15" SR MBP. Is this normal in the new unibody AG 17" MBPs or should I exchange it?

2. blouis79 macrumors member

I have exact same problem. My machine is a refurb early 2011 17". Display model at my local apple store has exact same problem too. Now that the double sided adhesive has accumulated dust, it no longer sticks. I asked s genius who got an official response from apple that this is "expected". But really it may well be a manufacturing tolerances problem where the bezel is slightly tight in fit and therefore buckles. I will have to take more measurements then get back to the genius.