Gap between plastic front panel and metal band

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by normandorp, Apr 5, 2013.

1. normandorp macrumors newbie

hello, i have noticed a gap between the front plastic and the metal band when taking the iphone off a case. theres a 1mm gap between the plastic and metal, and 3 small cracks along the edge of the plastic, 2 at the top and 1 at the right side. the gap is at the top of the phone from the power button to the edge. the front glass doesnt fit perfectly anymore because the top end of the plastic is raised whilst the rest is flat.

how do i get it repaired?

thx

2. applejuice99 macrumors member

If the glass does not pop back into place, take it to an apple shop and they should repair it. :)

3. normandorp thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your reply, the problem is, it is out of warranty and the phone was bought from a carrier, not directly from an apple store. i wonder if they will charge for a repair.

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

First: Out of warranty. Second: Cosmetic.

Yes they will charge you, BUT alot of people here praises Apple that they are very nice and at times will do things, free, so bring your cute niece in and pretend it's her phone! :)

5. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

Apple will do it for you no problem. Might be free if its simple or they will charge a small fee.