Gap between screen and case - late 2012 iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by imac275, May 26, 2013.

1. imac275 macrumors member

I have has three iMacs with problems and I have finally been sent one that seemed to be 100%...

...then I got under my desk to sort out my external HDDs and noticed that there appears to be a gap between the screen and the case on the top edge of the iMac screen, with light shining through it.

It is hard to say how wide it actually is, but it is clearly visible on the right hand side and you can actually see darker sections where the fixings obviously are. On the left hand side it fades to nothing, and I can't see it on any of the other edges.

I had a quick look in the Apple Store today and the models they had in there also had the problem, although mine was worse.

Is it likely to get worse in the long term? I'd really like to keep this one as I normally don't concern myself with minor problems like this, but the issues with the other iMacs seem to have turned me a bit OCD!

2. PJM82 macrumors member

PJM82

Had a look around mine and one in the Apple store in Bristol (UK) and neither have this issue. There does appear to be a less than one MM gap but no light emits with a white screen and brightness turned up full. Not sure how it emits from there.

Mines about 4 weeks old, not sure about the ones in the store. Can you take pictures?