Gap between the metal edge and glass?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by atomicblastkarl, Jul 18, 2008.

1. atomicblastkarl macrumors newbie

I was over my buddy's house the other night, and my phone was the radio for us hanging out. I happened to notice that light from the screen was escaping from a crack between the metal edge and screen, because the metal casing wasn't pressed all the way against the phone when it was manufactured. This is only on the left side, and it gets really, really bothersome when trying to work with the phone at night. It's also probably going to lead to a dust under the glass problem, which I don't feel like dealing with. Anyways, has anyone had this problem, and do you think it would be grounds for replacement?

2. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Take it back. Thats not "within specs"

3. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Yeah...some variation is most likely allowable, but that seems like you could get a replacement. :eek:

4. atomicblastkarl thread starter macrumors newbie

Now, one more question:

Do I take the whole phone, instructions, box deal with me, or just the phone?

5. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

I would take everything including receipt as with any exchange...they'll probably need to send the faulty phone back and will need the box as well.

...but that's just what I would do.

Have you tried calling the apple store to see if they would look at it to see about replacement. When you do, ask them what they'll need if a replacement is possible.

:D

6. Blackforge macrumors 6502

You don't need to bring your receipt. Once your phone is activated its automatically registered in Apple's database.

Just type in your serial number here:
    https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

I've got the light problem myself and am going to the Apple Store today... :(