Gap in my partition grid- an issue?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by KDuffy, Feb 8, 2014.

1. KDuffy macrumors newbie

Hi,

I messed up trying to expand my bootcamp partition last month. I managed to completely remove and recreate said partition thanks to the help over at the apple forums, but now there's a gap in the LBA's between my OSX partition and bootcamp partition.

[​IMG]

It's working absolutely fine for the moment (both OSX and bootcamp) but could this cause future problems?

Thanks guys!

2. AmbientChaos macrumors member

AmbientChaos

I predict it will have problems, when you reinstall OS X, or Windows, or resize partitions again. As for now, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. There probably won't be problems that happen out of the blue.

Resizing Boot Camp partitions, in my experience, while it works, can lead to strange complications in the future (provided you do further things, like the examples I listed above). Possibly more experienced members can chime in.

Although I recommend the best way to handle such situations in the future, is make a backup of your Windows partition using built in Windows/third party tools, restore your Mac to a single partition, make a Windows partition again, and restore your data.