Gap problems with MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TaylorB, May 6, 2007.

1. TaylorB macrumors regular

I have a MBP and I have started to notice some gaps by the screen open button. Also, now sometimes my whole MBP freezes to just where I can only move the mouse around. I can't force quit anything, end process anything, all I can do is move the mouse around. This results in me having to just hold down the power button. Now when I start to use the MBP by itself, not hooked up to a monitor when its on my lap or something and I take my hands off the rest pads from typing, I hear a little noise, its like the lining sticking or stretching up and down each time. I have noticed this problem for awhile, but I thought that the problem size would not increase, but now it is really starting to bug me since I am having problems with things freezing.

Usually I am running: Mail, Safari, iChat, Skype, Yahoo! M, Colloquy, Second Life, NewsFire and then maybe Gimp, Pages, and Blender occasionally with all of those opened. I run the first list constantly. I have never had a problem until recently running all of this. Here are some pictures.

[​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

(the picture of the left side is not very good, but it is actually the more critical/more worse looking side.)

I am wondering if you guys think I should try to visit the apple store and see if I can get this fixed or not. Thank all of you very much for responding and assisting me! Again, thank you so much for your help! :)

2. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

it's going to EXPLODE! heh, j/k.

If it bothers you, take it for service/repair.

mine has a nice gap too. Doesnt really bother me too much

Attached Files:

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

for the freezing have you tried repairing permissions, other than that if the Gaps bother you take it in to be fixed, otherwise i don't think that they are much of a problem other than cosmetic.

4. TaylorB thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, thanks guys. I went to disk utility and repaired permissions so hopefully that will help! Thanks again. :)

5. adiosk8 macrumors regular

maybe it is just the light...but it almost looks damaged to me

6. unixfool macrumors 6502a

I think it's just the lighting. I thought the same thing until I looked at how the light is reflecting off the casing (this is most likely the camera flash reflection).

7. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Take it to an Apple Store, they shoudl help you out.
    Some things that come to mind:
    Overheating - warping, freezing
    Bad battery - expanding
    Dropped - HD freezing, broken case