Phones Gapgate... it's real

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by CChevW, Sep 29, 2014.

1. CChevW macrumors newbie

2. Icculus macrumors 6502

Wow, if thats a problem on ALL Note 4's thats a big problem. Dust, water, crud can get through that space. Feel bad for any person buying a Note 4 that has this issue...just never fun to buy a new device that has issues.

3. Iphone 2.2 macrumors member

4. tekkt0r macrumors member

This will never make the major media outlets. Why? Because Samsung users have low expectations and standards.

5. corriewf macrumors 6502a

I don't see what the problem is. That's obviously a new feature Samsung has introduced called the S Note Holder. With the Note 4 your now able to create and hold your notes in virtual and physical form.

Bet your iPhone can't support a physical note!

6. kalebnate macrumors 6502

I bet this will not be posted on major news paper outlets cuzz it's not Apple. Hypocritical pieces of *#&@

7. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Us Apple users have gotten used to the attention to detail and build quality of our devices, to the point that we forget just how bad it can be elsewhere.

If being able to bend a phone when applying all our strength is our only complaint, I think we're doing pretty damn well.

if I had a $20 bill for every time I've seen someone with a dead Micro-USB charging part, I'd be retiring soon.

8. hockeyfan81 macrumors newbie

Lol karma for Samsung for making fun of Apple

9. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

10. imnjs macrumors member

imnjs

11. nouspa macrumors member

That is called panic and rushed product :)

iPhone launch in China Oct 10? :apple:

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. The Apple name will cause more people to view it than Samsung's name.

13. jamesrick80 macrumors 68020

jamesrick80

Samsung is fully aware of this issue, it has only effected a limited number of devices and Samsung only had 30,000 units produced in this lot...it will be fixed before it gets to United States

14. kalebnate macrumors 6502

How the **** is this even related to this thread ?

15. munakib macrumors 6502

Yes, this deserves to be on the "macrumors" forum and not in samsunged forums. 10/10 to OP, thnx!

16. jamesrick80 macrumors 68020

jamesrick80

Can you guys read? These are the first units that have this issue. Samsung is fully aware. The U.S. units will not have this issue, Samsung cannot take a massive media backlash due to already decreasing profits so this won't occur in the U.S.

17. gandalf027 macrumors newbie

Fully aware? Don't think so.

18. nouspa macrumors member

How did you fix it?

19. jamesrick80 macrumors 68020

jamesrick80

The devices at bestbuy do not have this issue, Korea received a rushed shipment which could be the reason for the defect...due to the many envious fans of Apple due to there bentgate issue, they are trying to make it bigger than what it is. This device won't be in the U.S. for over 2 weeks.....

20. usmaak macrumors regular

Nothing new here. My Samsung Galaxy S3 that I've had for over two years has a big dust/crud attracting gap along the bottom of the phone. I even returned my first S3 for it, and the one that I got as a replacement was a bit better, but the gap still was there. Instead of playing the return for a perfect one game, I threw a case on it and haven't though about it since. In fact I'd forgotten about it until I saw this thread. I took the case off and yea, the gap is filled with dust, lint, and unidentifiable crap.

It's a shame to see that Samsung still has this issue.

21. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Meh I'd rather have a gap than a bendy phone. I thought it was slightly blown out of proportion but after watching the unbox therapy video its ridiculous how easy it is the bend the 6+.

22. dojoman macrumors 65816

Please, the term ...gate is reserved for Apple only. How many Note 4 can Samsung sell to deserve worldwide attention like Apple?

23. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Well, it doesn't bend at least. So you can defenitely get a warranty without having its (mis)use questioned by the warranty guys.

24. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

The card holder feature is undervalued in todays society. Samsung is on to something that is real jeanious and I don't see consumer reports saving them from this.

Attached Files: