Garage Band 08 Line-In Recording Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by underdawg, Jul 12, 2008.

1. underdawg macrumors newbie

Okay, so I've been trying to record my guitar using a regular 1/4" instrument cable and a 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor into the line-in of my Blackbook. I go to System Preferences so the app uses the line-in and not the build-in mic. Under "details", it is set to record in stereo.

It records fine and sounds good, but when I put on my headphones, the tracks I recorded only come out of one ear. The software tracks are fine (as are the tracks I've recorded via the built-in mic and a USB mic). Well, this really puts a hamper on the song...any ideas why this is happening? Is it just because regular Macbooks don't come with a very good sound card?

2. bezerk3r86 macrumors member

Even I'm experiencing the same issue with a USB mic, and I'm not sure why. I was using it in Premiere Pro and I only get the audio from my left headset speaker.

3. jackerin macrumors 6502a

Line-in is stereo, guitar is mono. Solve by going to the track settings and choosing which of the channels it should play.

4. mynameisraj macrumors 6502

Right on. If you want better recordings I just got myself a Line 6 POD Studio, you might want to check it out.