Garage Band 08 Line-In Recording Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by underdawg, Jul 12, 2008.

1. underdawg macrumors newbie

Jul 12, 2008
    Okay, so I've been trying to record my guitar using a regular 1/4" instrument cable and a 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor into the line-in of my Blackbook. I go to System Preferences so the app uses the line-in and not the build-in mic. Under "details", it is set to record in stereo.

It records fine and sounds good, but when I put on my headphones, the tracks I recorded only come out of one ear. The software tracks are fine (as are the tracks I've recorded via the built-in mic and a USB mic). Well, this really puts a hamper on the song...any ideas why this is happening? Is it just because regular Macbooks don't come with a very good sound card?
  2. bezerk3r86 macrumors member

Nov 3, 2008
    Even I'm experiencing the same issue with a USB mic, and I'm not sure why. I was using it in Premiere Pro and I only get the audio from my left headset speaker.
  3. jackerin macrumors 6502a

Jun 29, 2008
    Line-in is stereo, guitar is mono. Solve by going to the track settings and choosing which of the channels it should play.
  4. mynameisraj macrumors 6502

Nov 14, 2008
    Boulder, Colorado
    Right on. If you want better recordings I just got myself a Line 6 POD Studio, you might want to check it out.