Garage Band 6 vs ProTools SE

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Nostromo, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Nostromo macrumors 65816

Nostromo

I have 2 options to get basic soundtrack creation:

1. M-Audio USB interface incl. ProTools SE

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-...&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CPbvnsiE2a8CFYUBRQodkyUd_w

2. Garageband 6 with this interface by Behringer: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KW2YEI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

From what I heard, the digital instruments on ProTools SE are much better than those of Garageband 6.

But this could of course be BS (a guitar center sales person said PT was much better than GB)

What's your take on this? Is PT and the M-Audio interface worth spending the extra $75?

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Pro Tools is MUCH better than GarageBand. Everything from it having a universal interface that is pretty standard on other DAWs (including the full Pro Tools) to it exporting a lot cleaner. Don't be fooled by what that GC guy told you, it's the truth. PT is the standard in the music industry and the software they use in teaching audio production in college and universities (Probably the next best thing would be Logic).

3. estrides macrumors regular

estrides

I agree with Jessica. Although, I prefer Logic over Protools, Protools is DEFINITELY the standard. Garageband is an awesome place to start off and get your bearings on things...but dont fool yourself into thinking its as good as anything like Logic or Protools. Also, Im going to recommend getting the Maudio over the behringer.

4. Nostromo thread starter macrumors 65816

Nostromo