Garage Band Destroying My Podcasts

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Rusticbohemian, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Rusticbohemian macrumors newbie

Hi.

I've used garageband to make my podcasts for about a year now, with no problems.

Sometime in March, though, there were two changes to my setup and I started noticing big problems.

The first change was the upgrade to 6.0.5 of garageband, which happened in early march. The second was that my harddrive was full, so i started saving my garageband files to an external hard drive.

The issue I'm experiencing is that when I load up a saved GB files (from the External HD), it will give weird errors, like, "The File Type Is Not Supported," and "One Or Multiple Audio Files Changed In Length," and "Garageband found 1 audio file in 8-bit format - the file is unsupported and cannot be played back."

When the errors stop, large segments of my podcast are missing, or the segments will be blank with no audio.

I've lost hours of content with this.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks.

2. dexum175 macrumors member

Have you tried downgrading Garage?

3. Rusticbohemian thread starter macrumors newbie

How would I go about doing that?

4. dexum175 macrumors member

5. Rusticbohemian thread starter macrumors newbie

6. eco7777 macrumors regular

7. fixed1t macrumors newbie

Hi here is a new video about this for Garageband 10, showing a simple manual fix and placed it on my blog.

http://fixed1t-audio-file-recovery.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/fixing-garageband-10-8bit-song-error.html
    Hope you find it useful.

Malcolm