Garage Band question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bigboy99, Jan 5, 2009.

1. bigboy99 macrumors 6502

The Help file indicates that the LCD can show software instrument note and chord names (Choose Control > “Show Chords in LCD” to show note and chord names as you play on the selected Software Instrument track.), but the option is not in the Control Menu, or in the LCD.

I'm using v 4.1.2 (248.7)

bb

2. jackerin macrumors 6502a

Above and below the little note displayed by default are two small arrows, click on them (or on the note itself) to change display options.

3. bigboy99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Right, the LCD options are Time, Measures, Tuner & Project (which gives the Master Track key.) These are the same options available from Control (menu) except the Project option is referred to as Tempo in the menu. Parameters for Tempo are project key, tempo and time signature (which cannot be changed form the LCD or the menu.) No note or chord name options.

4. jackerin macrumors 6502a

Make sure you have a software instrument track selected.

5. bigboy99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, software instrument is selected. The problem is the menu options are not the same as the LCD options. No Note or Chord choice, only the selections I listed above.

Attached Files:

6. jackerin macrumors 6502a

Ok, perhaps something has happened to your installation. But from what I see of your own screenshot you have a real instrument selected; the waveform indicates that it's a real instrument and the dark purple indicates that it is the selected track.

I don't want to hassle you about it, but make sure once again that it is in fact a software instrument you have selected.