garage band???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by savanahrose, Oct 11, 2008.

1. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

I went to an apple store to ask how to make my vinyl to mp3. The salesperson said that I can use garage band. I stated that I had leopard and didn't have it. he said that it is on a 2nd disc in leopard. I don't recall seeing a 2nd one with leopard. Am I mistaken? Could I use the garage band that I had gotten with tiger? Thanks for the info. :eek:

2. Sorkvild macrumors 6502

The retail stand-alone version of Leopard does not come with garageband, or any of the iLife applications (iPhoto, iDVD, iWeb), that comes with new macs on their install discs, which is what the salesperson meant.

It seems like you have the previous version of iLife though, iLife '06. Exactly how Garageband will turn your vinyls into mp3s though, I have no idea.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Generally I try to avoid referring people to another forum, but this may have the information you're looking for here: http://forums.mactalk.com.au/13/45613-garageband-old-lp-records.html
    From my brief glance that thread gets a little bit too technical so if it doesn't make sense you can always go to your local Apple Retail Store and speak to a Creative Genius who will probably be familiar with the ins and outs of the details on how to take your records to mp3.

4. savanahrose thread starter macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

Thank you both for the information. I think I will try the apple store again. :D