Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Patrickl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2009
I switched to a mac almost a year ago. About a month after purchasing my macbook, i installed this application, and then i didn't want it anymore. The app didn't uninstall properly and it crippled the mac (in my rookie mind). I then made another stupid decision of reinstalling leopard on the macbook. Everything installed correctly except garageband 08. It wasn't there, since i never used it, i just forgot about it later until i got a copy from a friend who recently purchased an imac. I just copied the app onto a flash drive and put it on the macbook. The app worked, except there wasn't any instruments, loops, etc. Now i want to use grageband and i was wondering how i can get those back. Are they on one of the install dvd's? Do i copy folders from my friends mac to mine?, if so which ones and where? Thanks ahead of time for everything! :)

staccato83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2008
Las Vegas
Garageband 08 and the associated loops should be available on the applications disc that came with your computer. Then you could download additional loops and instruments through GarageBand itself, I believe.

Patrickl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2009
for some reason it never installed it, i kept all the dvd's and i still can't find anything about it on there. Everything else installed fine 2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.