Garageband 08

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by peejer, Apr 27, 2008.

1. peejer macrumors member

Hello All,

I am using Garageband 08 (4.1.2). I am unable to place my software loops into my song. I can hear the loops when I preview them, but as soon as I drag them up to my song I got a green box with nothing in it and then the box disappears.

However when i place a real music loop (the blue one) it works fine.

I have no idea....Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

2. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

Have you tried creating a blank Software Instrument track, then dragging the loop specifically into that track? (Software Instrument loops are essentially MIDI loops, not actual audio, so they don't fit into Real Instrument tracks.)

3. krye macrumors 68000

krye

I'm having a similar problem. The loop sounds fine in the browser, but when I drag it into my song it just sounds like a kid's piano. I can't figure it out. Some stuff works, but some don't.

4. peejer thread starter macrumors member

I did try creating the software track as well as dragging, as well as standing on my head :) I am a somewhat experienced user and I am mystified at what is happening.

Krye: You are getting more than me then. When I drag the loop up to the software track i get nothing. And I mean nothing. The entire loop just disappears. I'm telling you it's weird...

5. peejer thread starter macrumors member

Update:

I can use the loops as long as I create a "basic" track and place the loops in this track. This causes the green (software) loops to become blue.

Again always appreciative of anyone's thoughts about this.