Garageband 09 - Artist Lessons, Regional Differences

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dosboy, Feb 4, 2009.

1. dosboy macrumors newbie

I live in Japan and have two iMacs; one localised for Japanese and the other for English. After upgrading to iLife '09 I noticed that only half (4) of the lessons are available on the Japanese setup (i.e. Japanese store) versus the English setup (UK store). It seems the iTunes Store regional music distribution limitations are also applied to Artist Lessons (yes I know it's probably the music companies again, not Apple). I only have a Japanese credit card and so the overseas iTunes and Garageband Store selections are not available to me :(

2. Bentron macrumors 6502

Ahh that's a shame. I'm sure in time they'll become available to you on your Japanese set-up. Just out of curiosity, are the lessons in English or are they dubbed..?

Speaking of the Artist lessons, I think they're fantastic. I'd recommend them as the way forward to anyone who wants to learn, but struggles to find the motivation to keep going (like me), or well, anyone. I'm currently learning Apologize. Does anyone know if there's a way to export a version of you playing with the backing track to iTunes..? I'm sure there must be but I'm being stupid and missing the obvious.