Garageband 09 Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MullisMan, Mar 18, 2010.

1. MullisMan macrumors newbie

I have a Macbook Pro with OS 10.6.2 and recently when I open Garageband and get to the main screen for New Project, I can no longer see the icons that I used to. All I can see now are voice, podcast and movie, with no icons above the words. I just downloaded and installed the garageband 5 update from apple and it didn't help. I have installed some third party audio units and native instruments VST's, but I didn't think this would cause that kind of problem.

Also, when I try to open a previously created project from Garageband or even try to create a new one, i'll sometimes get the error that the file cannot be opened because it's corrupted or truncated when I know it is not. This even happens right after I create a new garageband project. If I keep trying it sometimes works, and sometimes if I go to the finder window and double click the file it will open that way as well. Is there any way to restore Garageband to the way it was when I first got my Mac?

2. Thraun macrumors regular

Thraun

I think this is a common issue, it's definitely happened on a couple of Macs here at work. Find Disc 2 that came with your Mac, it should say Applications Install on it. You can use that disc to reinstall Garageband, and that should take care of your problems. Though really I think Apple needs to issue a fix for that.