GarageBand 1.1 won't use Jam

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dsiee, Nov 3, 2011.

1. dsiee macrumors newbie

I just installed GarageBand and my iPod touch doesn't switch to using my apogee jam instead of the internal mic when using the guitar amp.

The fault isn't with the jam as it works fine on mine iPad and Mac.

Just wondering if I can select the input device somewhere?

Thanks!

2. Rickd123 macrumors newbie

My Jam does not work with GB v 1.1 on my IPad 2 v4.3.3. It worked fine prior to updating. I have tried a delete and reinstall with no positive results (and lost my songs as I foolishly thought if I backed up my iPad it would back up the data in the GB app also, very sad...).

Specifically my jam when plugged in goes from green to blue to bright green to green. As it flashes bright Greek the monitor button in GB greys out.

This appears to be a GB software issue as the Jam is still detected by the iPad when you check for it under settings, general.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions they will be greatly appreciated. I plan to downgrade to v 1.0 if I can't find a solution. Too bad, 1.1 seems to have some great improvements, but I only use it for recording with my guitar so in my case 1.1 is useless.

3. nicoplanet, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011

nicoplanet macrumors regular

nicoplanet

Any update on Apogee JAM & iPod touch G4? I still can't use this while it's working fine with friend's iPhone 4 & iPad... :mad: It's a 100$ plug!