Garageband 1 Hour limitation

gusanitoverde

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2003
Northern California
I don't have exact numbers, sorry about that, but please guide me.

I am trying to post in my website a conference from a CD that lasts about 1 hour and a half. I am using garageband to make it a podcast. Unfortunately, Garageband will chop off the file at about the 60 minute area.

Why is this happening?

What would you recommend?

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Even though you are recording voice, Garageband is probably still counting beats, and there's a limit to how many measures it will allow. Try setting the tempo down to the slowest setting to see if that increases the time.

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
iMeowbot said:
Even though you are recording voice, Garageband is probably still counting beats, and there's a limit to how many measures it will allow. Try setting the tempo down to the slowest setting to see if that increases the time.
Exactly, if you lower the tempo you can record for longer. Found that out the hard way.

gusanitoverde

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2003
Northern California
Thanks for the help. I'll try that.

Do you know then what will be garageband's approximately total recording capacity in minutes in the slowest tempo?

Thanks.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
iMeowbot said:
that's dumb..why limit it, does apple want you to buy logic that bad :rolleyes:

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
puckhead193 said:
that's dumb..why limit it, does apple want you to buy logic that bad :rolleyes:
Because if they don't it'll be slower as it'll have to support a larger database, 60 minutes is pretty damn long...