Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bingefeller

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Northern Ireland
Hi guys,

I find the built in drummers in Garageband 10 reasonbly good. I'm wondering if there is anyway I can edit them myself on a midi score?

sonsofnarcissus

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2014
Hi guys,

I find the built in drummers in Garageband 10 reasonbly good. I'm wondering if there is anyway I can edit them myself on a midi score?

I believe there's a feature on Logic pro to convert audio to midi regions. Not sure if Garageband has the same function - if it does then it should solve your problem.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I believe there's a feature on Logic pro to convert audio to midi regions. Not sure if Garageband has the same function - if it does then it should solve your problem.

I think the drums ARE MIDI. It depends on what you keen by "edit". Do you means to create a new style by editing an existing drummer or do you meed after the fact to go make in the track while mixing and make changes. Either way I think you are looking at Logic not GB.

efosket

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2014
I was wondering this myself and found this youtube video that explains how to do this in the new garageband.

Drummer to Midi Track

You just create a new midi track and copy/paste the drummer regions to it. Then you can edit the midi notes to your liking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.