Garageband 2.0.2 Update

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has released GarageBand 2.0.2 update in your Mac OS X Software Update:

GarageBand 2.0.2 addresses issues with time signature handling, Apple Loops authoring, locking tracks, and improves compatibility with Mac OS X Tiger.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
brilliant. been really getting into Garageband recently too. anything that makes it better is always good i spose.

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
I realize this ia a bit off topic, but... If you enjoy using Garageband, you may want to check out Ableton's Live 5, which was just released last week. A really powerful and flexible app for recording and working with loops (and so much more). Demo available at http://www.ableton.com/ .

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
Does anyone know of any major bugs in GarageBand that needed to be fixed? I haven't noticed any bugs other than it occasionally giving me a beach ball of death and unexpectedly quitting on me a couple of times.

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
GodBless said:
Does anyone know of any major bugs in GarageBand that needed to be fixed? I haven't noticed any bugs other than it occasionally giving me a beach ball of death and unexpectedly quitting on me a couple of times.
Same happens to me too occasionally.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
No crashing problems with GB (or Mail or Safari or iMovie--but I barely use that) here.

Gorbag

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2003
West London
musiclover137 said:
i've noticed, every rumor or article has at least one negative rating.
I guess whenever there is a chance of giving a Mac story a negative rating no matter HOW positive, that's when those who dwell under bridges get out their two button/scrollwheel mice and hit that ol' Negative button.

Or else some people just aim their mice badly...

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
Saw It After Restarting

Multimedia said:
This update is Not In My Software Updater Nor From GarageBand 2.0.1's Update Checker. Anyone else not seeing this? :confused:
After a full forced shut down and reboot it came up and installed. I guess my RAM was scrambled. Tiger seems a lot more prone to going WILD from time to time. It's still not as stable as Panther was near the end. :(

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
musiclover137 said:
i've noticed, every rumor or article has at least one negative rating.
That's for the ongoing MacRumors drinking game. Everybody has to down one each time there is a question or comment in the forum about negative ratings on the front page.

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
nagromme said:
No crashing problems with GB (or Mail or Safari or iMovie--but I barely use that) here.
Those of you with crashes, how much RAM do you have? I have 640MB on my four year old mac, and I've never once crashed GB.

I also don't work with the software instruments -- real instruments only. Maybe thats the key?