Garageband 6.0.2 update not showing, not working

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Psosmith82, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Psosmith82 macrumors newbie

Im trying to update my copy of garageband, but it says it is up to date, but it is not. When i manually downloaded the update it says that a copy of 6.0 or above is required for the update, and my copy is 6.0.1. Why is it not seeing my installation of garageband and how do i update?

2. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Did GarageBand come pre-installed, did you buy it on Retail CD or did you buy it from the Mac App Store?

3. Psosmith82 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have an early 2011 MBP (Newest Version) ilife 11 came preinstalled.

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Is GarageBand.app in the /Applications folder? Was it moved somewhere else where the system may not be able to find it? Typically this error occurs if GarageBand is relocated to the Desktop or somewhere it shouldn't be, hence why Software Update can't find it to write changes and does not think an update is available.

5. Psosmith82 thread starter macrumors newbie

It was in the applications folder, but i made a folder called ilife and had it inside the folder. I moved it outside the folder and software update found it that time. Can i not have any of the mac apps inside of a folder? I want them to be able to update if there is an update available

6. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Well if it didn't work when you had them moved and did when you returned them to their original location, I'd say apparently not. Or at least for apps updated through Software Update.