Garageband 6.0.5 lost now.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HiDeHo, Apr 13, 2014.

1. HiDeHo macrumors member

Ok I have lost the old garageband 6.0.5 it is no longer in Applications/garageband 6.0.5.

(also recently i have had to reinstall garageband due to an error with the update now the 10.0.2 update. everything is find with this version i think that the old garageband 6.0.5 might have already been lost before that).

so now when i went into Time Machine and restored the old garageband 6.0.5 it keep reinstalling garageband 11. so this is not an option.

I do remember purchasing garageband 6.0.5 in Mountain Lion before updating to Mavericks and things where working ok after that.

i also found with further research that if you purchased the old 6.0.5 version it should be available in the app store along with the current garageband 11 update. but its not showing. so anyone got any ideas on what i can do. i need the old version and its good sounds, beats, and other things it had. and i also need it for when i do basic podcasting. as it has a better set of tools for podcasting. and having the legacy options in the new garageband was much better.

so any help would be appreciated. yes i know others have asked this before and you can see from what i have done above i tried most of the solutions mentioned to get it back. I do not want to have to reinstall Mavericks and start again.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you try mounting the the TM backup's sparse image in Finder and manually dragging/dropping it?