Garageband:audiotracks tempo slowed down

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by kikic, May 4, 2010.

1. kikic macrumors newbie

Hello,

I use reason for my midi tracks and garage band to record vocals. When I added the latest mix of my reason file, all the vocal tracks now are really slow. I've been reading on the forums and looked at the sample rate. It was set to 44/24 bit depth. I changed it to 16 bit depth, but that didnt change the speed of the vocal tracks. I also tried to re-export the midi track to make sure the sample rate was ok, but this also did not fix anything. Any suggestions on what else can I do to avoid having to re-record all the vocal tracks??

2. jackerin macrumors 6502a

If you're adding audio to Garageband I would expect the new added instrumentals to be warped rather than GB changing the settings for the whole project. Have you pinpointed the problem to starting when you drop in your instrumental track? Meaning the vocals play fine before adding them?

3. kikic thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, the problem started when I added the new instrumental track this last time around. Before then, I had changed it at least 4 times with no problem. I did not remember doing anything differently, just all of a sudden the instrument track plays fine but all the vocal tracks (there's 6 or 7) all of them are in sync, but all are now playing slow.

4. kikic thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, the problem started when I added the new instrumental track this last time around. Before then, I had changed it at least 4 times with no problem. I did not remember doing anything differently, just all of a sudden the instrument track plays fine but all the vocal tracks (there's 6 or 7) all of them are in sync, but all are now playing slow.

5. kikic thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, the problem started when I added the new instrumental track this last time around. Before then, I had changed it at least 4 times with no problem. I did not remember doing anything differently, just all of a sudden the instrument track plays fine but all the vocal tracks (there's 6 or 7) all of them are in sync, but all are now playing much more slowly.

6. jackerin macrumors 6502a

6-7 instrument tracks? Sounds a bit like you're exporting a MIDI that you take into Garageband rather than bouncing to audio from Reason. That could mess up the timing if the MIDI is set to a different bpm than the GB project.

(Nice triple-post, btw)