Garageband Chord Trainer Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by shmeffrey, Jan 26, 2012.

1. shmeffrey macrumors member

Hi I am trying to use the chord trainer and have not been able to get it to work.

I have the Apogee JAM with an electric guitar. I have no problem with the inputs and have got the guitar tuned. I think the version of garageband is screwed up. When I launch the chord trainer it doesn't have the animation at the top with the notes to play...

I'd like to try to remove Garageband and re-install it... any other thoughts?

If I uninstall it will I be able to download it for free? I have a new iMac with OSX Lion, so Garageband came with it.

Thanks,

----------

No animation

[​IMG][/url]
    Screen Shot 2012-01-25 at 10.11.53 PM by Shmeffrey, on Flickr[/IMG]

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

I have never used this chord trainer, but the blue dots on frets 1,2 and 3 seem to be indicating that you should play a C chord.

3. shmeffrey thread starter macrumors member

I've tried over and over playing the proper chord but nothing hapens... I've even had skilled guitarists try with no success.

I've watched someone use the chord trainer on YouTube and the program looks different than what I have.

4. jezs macrumors newbie

I have exactly the same symptom on my late 2009 iMac (i7) with lion.

It works absolutely fine on my macbook pro (also mid 2010 with lion - i5).

Don't bother to re-install tried everything I could think of - there is blatantly something breaking the chord diagram/animations and hence it doesn't start properly. The input is working because you can see the green light at the bottom of the screen light up.

5. shmeffrey thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the response. Good to know I'm not the only one affected. Hopefully an update fixes it... whenever that is.